By Casey Reas, Ben Fry
Processing spread out the realm of programming to artists, designers, educators, and newcomers. This brief e-book lightly introduces the center innovations of desktop programming and dealing with Processing. Written by means of the co-founders of the Processing undertaking, Reas and Fry, Getting all started with Processing exhibits you the way effortless it truly is to make software program and platforms with interactive snap shots. if you are an artist trying to boost interactive photos courses or a programmer in your technique to changing into an artist, this publication will take you the place you must pass. up-to-date with new fabric on pics manipulation, facts, and for the most recent model of Processing.
By Alan Harris, Konstantin Haase
Sinatra serves as a light-weight wrapper round Rack middleware, with syntax that maps heavily to services uncovered by means of HTTP verbs, which makes it excellent for net prone and APIs. when you've got event development purposes with Ruby, you are going to fast study language basics and notice under-the-hood innovations, with assistance from a number of sensible examples. Then you will get hands-on adventure with Sinatra by means of development your personal weblog engine.
- Learn Sinatra's middle suggestions, and start by way of construction an easy application
- Create perspectives, deal with periods, and paintings with Sinatra direction definitions
- Become accustomed to the language's internals, and take a better examine Rack
- Use various subclass tools for development versatile and strong architectures
- Put Sinatra to paintings: construct a web publication that takes good thing about provider hooks supplied by way of the GitHub API
The Definitive Guide to Catalyst: Writing Extendable, Scalable and Maintainable Perl-Based Web Applications
By Kieren Diment, Matthew Trout
Perl is the language such a lot favourite through platforms directors, who're usually given the duty of developing and retaining an organization's web site. Catalyst is to Perl what Rails is to Ruby. This e-book, by way of renowned contributors of the Catalyst neighborhood, exhibits Perl clients the right way to write net functions utilizing a latest framework according to their language of choice.
Agile Database Techniques: Effective Strategies for the Agile Software Developer (Wiley Application Development)
By Scott W. Ambler
* Describes Agile Modeling pushed layout (AMDD) and Test-Driven layout (TDD) techniques, database refactoring, database encapsulation innovations, and instruments that help evolutionary concepts* Agile software program builders frequently use item and relational database (RDB) know-how jointly and for that reason needs to triumph over the impedance mismatch* the writer covers innovations for mapping gadgets to RDBs and for imposing concurrency keep watch over, referential integrity, shared enterprise good judgment, defense entry regulate, stories, and XML* An agile beginning describes primary talents that every one agile software program builders require, quite Agile DBAs* comprises item modeling, UML information modeling, information normalization, classification normalization, and the way to accommodate legacy databases* Scott W. Ambler is writer of Agile Modeling (0471202827), a contributing editor with software program improvement (www.sdmagazine.com), and a featured speaker at software program meetings world wide
By Jon Erickson
Hacking is the artwork of artistic challenge fixing, even if that implies discovering an unconventional technique to a tough challenge or exploiting holes in sloppy programming. many folks name themselves hackers, yet few have the robust technical starting place had to rather push the envelope.
Rather than purely displaying the right way to run present exploits, writer Jon Erickson explains how arcane hacking concepts really paintings. To proportion the paintings and technological know-how of hacking in a manner that's available to every body, Hacking: The artwork of Exploitation, 2d Edition introduces the basics of C programming from a hacker's perspective.
The incorporated LiveCD presents an entire Linux programming and debugging environment-all with out editing your present working process. Use it to persist with besides the book's examples as you fill gaps on your wisdom and discover hacking options by yourself. Get your fingers soiled debugging code, overflowing buffers, hijacking community communications, bypassing protections, exploiting cryptographic weaknesses, and even perhaps inventing new exploits. This e-book will educate you ways to:
- Program desktops utilizing C, meeting language, and shell scripts
- Corrupt process reminiscence to run arbitrary code utilizing buffer overflows and layout strings
- check up on processor registers and method reminiscence with a debugger to realize a true knowing of what's happening
- Outsmart universal security features like nonexecutable stacks and intrusion detection systems
- achieve entry to a distant server utilizing port-binding or connect-back shellcode, and change a server's logging habit to conceal your presence
- Redirect community site visitors, hide open ports, and hijack TCP connections
- Crack encrypted instant site visitors utilizing the FMS assault, and accelerate brute-force assaults utilizing a password chance matrix
Hackers are consistently pushing the bounds, investigating the unknown, and evolving their paintings. whether you do not already understand how to application, Hacking: The artwork of Exploitation, second Edition provide you with a whole photograph of programming, computing device structure, community communications, and present hacking innovations. mix this data with the incorporated Linux atmosphere, and all you would like is your personal creativity.
By Mohamed Khalgui, Olfa Mosbahi, Antonio Valentini
Embedded computing structures play a tremendous and intricate position within the performance of digital units. With our day-by-day exercises turning into extra reliant on electronics for private use, the knowledge of those computing structures is crucial.
Embedded Computing platforms: functions, Optimization, and complex layout brings jointly theoretical and technical suggestions of clever embedded regulate structures and their use in and software program architectures. via highlighting formal modeling, execution types, and optimum implementations, this reference resource is key for specialists, researchers, and technical supporters within the and academia.
Swing for Jython: Graphical Jython UI and Scripts Development using Java Swing and WebSphere Application Server
This e-book exhibits you ways to exploit Swing so as to add a GUI for your Jython scripts, with an emphasis at the WebSphere program Server wsadmin software. actually, we will train you Swing utilizing Jython, and we will do it in a manner that, with a bit of luck, that makes your scripts more straightforward for individuals to take advantage of, extra strong, extra comprehensible, and accordingly more straightforward to keep up.
By Ed Goad
If you're employed every day with home windows Server 2012, this booklet will make lifestyles more straightforward by way of instructing you the talents to automate server initiatives with PowerShell scripts, all brought in recipe shape for quick implementation.
- Extend the services of your home windows atmosphere.
- Improve the method reliability through the use of good outlined PowerShell scripts.
- Full of examples, scripts, and real-world most sensible practices.
Automating server initiatives permits directors to continually practice an identical, or comparable, initiatives over and over. With PowerShell scripts, you could automate server initiatives and decrease handbook enter, permitting you to target extra vital tasks.
Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell will convey numerous methods for a home windows administrator to automate and streamline his/her task. methods to automate server projects to ease your daily operations, generate functionality and configuration experiences, and troubleshoot and unravel serious problems.
Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell will introduce you to the benefits of utilizing home windows Server 2012 and PowerShell. every one recipe is a construction block that could simply be mixed to supply higher and extra helpful scripts to automate your platforms. The recipes are choked with examples and actual international adventure to make the task of handling and administrating home windows servers easier.
The booklet starts with automation of universal home windows Networking parts akin to advert, DHCP, DNS, and PKI, coping with Hyper-V, and backing up the server setting. via the top of the e-book it is possible for you to to exploit PowerShell scripts to automate initiatives reminiscent of functionality tracking, reporting, studying the surroundings to check most sensible practices, and troubleshooting.
What you'll research from this book
- Streamline regimen management approaches.
- Automate the implementation of whole advert infrastructures.
- Generate computerized experiences that spotlight unforeseen adjustments on your atmosphere.
- Monitor functionality and file on method usage in designated graphs and research.
- Create and deal with a competent and redundant Hyper-V surroundings.
- Utilize the easiest Practices Analyzer from Microsoft to make sure your atmosphere is configured optimally.
- Manage the patch point of what you are promoting.
- Utilize a number of protocols to proportion details in a heterogeneous setting.
Cookbook with recipes in line with genuine lifestyles examples.
Who this ebook is written for
This booklet is written to aid the day-by-day initiatives for structures directors, engineers, and designers operating with home windows Server 2012.
By Christian Queinnec
It is a complete account of the semantics and the implementation of the full Lisp family members of languages, particularly Lisp, Scheme and comparable dialects. It describes eleven interpreters and a pair of compilers, together with very fresh innovations of interpretation and compilation. The publication is in components. the 1st begins from an easy overview functionality and enriches it with a number of identify areas, continuations and side-effects with commented variations, whereas even as the language used to outline those positive aspects is lowered to an easy lambda-calculus. Denotational semantics is then certainly brought. the second one half focuses extra on implementation options and discusses precompilation for quick interpretation: threaded code or bytecode; compilation in the direction of C. a few extensions also are defined comparable to dynamic review, mirrored image, macros and items. this can turn into the recent commonplace reference for individuals desirous to comprehend extra concerning the Lisp kin of languages: how they paintings, how they're carried out, what their versions are and why such editions exist. the whole code is equipped (and additionally to be had over the Net). a wide bibliography is given in addition to quite a lot of workouts. therefore it may well even be utilized by scholars to accompany moment classes on Lisp or Scheme.